Pages

Friday, August 18, 2023

I had Pink Pancakes!

Met up with a friend today and we ended up at Shaka Cafe, a vegan restaurant. I've been on a meal plan for a few weeks now, but yeah, wanted to try something new too. We didn't want to bring him to the Ikea resto since they also have it in his country of residence. We were hungry and didn't want to look for another restaurant.

The menu was certainly interesting. Everything was plant based. We were eating brunch, so I got the pinkakes (aka pink pancakes). The pancake was pink and everything was drizzled in pink. I would have enjoyed it more if the fruits were not so sour. 


Our friend had a plant based burger. It was huge! And came with fries. He said he enjoyed it immensely. Next time I'll order what he had. 


Sweetie had big breakfast. Of course, I forgot to take a photo of it. He said it was okay except for the simulated scrambled eggs which didn't look like eggs (hehe). It was filling though because he didn't go for the third of my pancake I set aside for him (haha). 

I just did a quick search about Shaka and saw it has a number of branches across the country. I'm glad there are vegan restaurants available now. I remember that time I had guests from India who were vegan. We went across Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao, and it was really hard to find food for them since most of our vegetarian dishes normally still have meat! So I'm really glad vegan options are being made available more now :)

#BeKind #StaySafe


No comments:

Post a Comment