Pages

Wednesday, August 9, 2023

Sometimes You Need to Let Go to Live

I had done several tests in the past few weeks to see the status of my heart and chest. The good news is the huge clot that stuck around in my left lung seems to have finally dissolved after almost 5 years. Yes, 5 long years. Unfortunately, it has created more scars. My heart isn't leaking as bad, but it's enlarged. 

I have good days and bad days. I realized though I need to take better care of myself if I were to meet my goals. I reminded myself that unlike before, I could no longer do multiple projects all at once. Stress is bad for me. Just a tinge of it sets me back a few days, sometimes months. It is my reality. 




I let go of a project I volunteered to be in. I helped in it previously, but there's just a lot of things I've had to deal with the past few months. My productivity has been nil and I realized I have to focus on improving my health before I could commit to anything. 

So, I prayed and let go. I didn't sleep that night though. I had to find it in myself to forgive, me. I don't like letting people down. That's the problem in my personality according to my doctors. Sweetie reassured me it's the right decision since my health is at stake. 

Let go to live. Take care of yourself first so you can take care of others. I am streamlining my goals and activities for now so I can focus on getting better. 

Be well my friend. 

#BeKind #StaySafe



No comments:

Post a Comment