Pages

Saturday, March 12, 2016

Battling Jetlag

I haven't blogged for over a week. I'm blogging now because I am slowly losing the battle against jetlag and I have to keep awake so I can adjust much faster. Historically though it takes me at least 2 days of coma-like sleep after coming back from the West to get up. I hope to battle this though since I need to travel again by Monday.

Here are some tips that my friends have given to battle jetlag:

1. Stay out in the sun for a few hours.

2. If your arriving at night, don't sleep on the flight so you can sleep at the proper time.

3. Take meds (I'm scared of doing this though).

4. Never give in to a nap if the sun is still out.

5. Just keep busy.

I've unpacked, did 3 loads of laundry, bugged my son most of the afternoon, nagged Sweetie, drank coffee, Coke and milk tea (okay too much caffeine isn't really good), but so far the best deterrent to falling asleep is putting a lot of stuff on my bed so I can't lie down. Ahh, maybe I should listen to Madonna to keep me up for at least a few more hours.

What do you do to fight jetlag?

No comments:

Post a Comment