Pages

Saturday, February 8, 2014

Cold - Warm

Writing this post on my tablet in my tiny hotel room in London.

The last few days have been a flurry of activities. Whole day meetings with the team and lovely dinners in the evenings. The weather has been progressively getting colder and it's been a struggle for me since I'm not used to the cold and my tiny nose (pango eh) had a hard time getting air in. I will probably get a scolding next week when I see my doctor.

I learned in the past from my BIL that the secret to keeping warm is to have as many layers as you can and then just peel it off as it gets warm. My Uniqlo heattech shirts have been my lifesaver in the last few days and the coat my sister bought for me keeps my body toasty. It's been windy though so I learned to duck into shops to defrost and get my bearings back (blame the tiny nose).

Despite the cold weather it's been like summer for me. It's been a joy to spend time with my team mates. We seriously kept hugging and poking each other because we usually just see each other over Google Hangouts. We had to go through a lot of meetings this week but we had a lot of laughter in between the serious stuff.

Happy, happy. Joy, joy. I will seriously miss everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment