Pages

Thursday, November 12, 2009

Time

There are some things that money cannot buy and one of those things is TIME. I learned though from a mentor that you can actually expand your time. If there's something that is not your competency, you can most likely just hire someone with that skill and have them do it for you. It saves you time from having to learn something from scratch and it frees up your time to do other things. This thing reminds me of my not-so-favorite subject, Quatech (quantitative techniques) and my white-haired professor who spoke gibberish all term. I eventually passed the subject by doing self-study (a skill I used to pass Procter&Gamble's management exam).

Anyway, I digress. Lately I've been so pressed for time and I realized that it's something that I should learn to manage better. And here are some things I've been doing to maximize my time:

1. Do a daily task list.
2. Prioritize, if there's something in the task list that's not so important, do it the next day.
3. Get others to help you (thank God for my girl friends, they are more worried about the wedding than me!).
4. Do what you are supposed to do. Do not procrastinate (talking to myself).
5. Make sure things don't fall through cracks.

Family first though.

No comments:

Post a Comment