Pages

Friday, July 21, 2017

All We Need is Love

The world seems to have gone mad. The negativity seems to be constant. I wonder though if things were the same in the past and if the negativity is just amplified by the current platforms we are using. The world is much more connected now compared to the past. Information is just at the tip of our pointy finger (that's what I use on my phone). Are the amount of bad things happening today the same as before or much more? (The nerd in me wants to try to quantify it, I just don't have time to do research).

The Beatles song "All You Need is Love" sums up what I think we should all be reminded about.

"Love, love, love 
Love, love, love 
Love, love, love 
There's nothing you can do that can't be done 
Nothing you can sing that can't be sung 
Nothing you can say but you can learn how to play the game 
It's easy Nothing you can make that can't be made 
No one you can save that can't be saved 
Nothing you can do but you can learn how to be you in time 
It's easy 
 All you need is love 
All you need is love 
All you need is love, love 
Love is all you need"

I remember when I was a kid I gifted my Mom with a tiny signage that read, "Do all things with great love." She placed it in the bathroom and it was a constant reminder for me to be mindful about my actions. I have retreated a lot of my public online activities especially on social media because it's been causing me a lot of stress (my number 1 enemy). I wonder how we humans can just show more love to each other... I think if we did we'd be able to lessen all the anger that's going around and hopefully the world will be a better place. 

No comments:

Post a Comment