Pages

Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Saan Nagtatago si Happiness?

Where is happiness? Where is the love? (the love, the loooove...)

Moving forward to more happy and bubbly, ala lava lamp, thoughts...

I just came back from the premiere of "Saan Nagtatago si Happiness?"
The movie was a box office hit in last year's Cinemalaya film festival. It's a semi-musical, light and funny with a little choreography on the side. Starring Andy Bais and veteran actors Ricky Davao, Caridad Sanchez, Nanette Inventor, Rez Cortez, Nonie Buencamino, January Isaac and "Little Big Star" child sensation Mica Torre and 2006 Singapore filmfest best actor winner Elijah Castillo. The movie showed some stark realities that reminded me I should live simply and what's important in life are relationships. What was funny about it was it didn't use the teeny-bopper loveteam formula for kilig moments. I still can't believe how I got kilig over Rez Cortez and Nanette Inventor. :)

It's refreshing to watch a non-commercial movie. It made me laugh and it made me think and it showed me a different side of our people. I know it's there on the news, sensationalized on tabloids, barked on radio by reporters, but the real emotion is not really captured. This was grassroots, the way it should be seen. I think if I have time I'm going to try and watch all the other Cinemalaya films.

So, where is happiness hiding? Andy Bais explained it before he sang the movie theme with Mica Torre, too bad you weren't there.
"Saan Nagtatago si Happiness" will be showing on March 7-13 at your nearest SM cinemas - SM Cebu, Clark, Davao, Fairview, Mall of Asia, Manila, North Edsa, Pampanga, San Lazaro, Southmall, Sta.Mesa, and Megamall. For more info please visit http://www.mediarevolution.com.ph/

No comments:

Post a Comment