Friday, July 13, 2007

Chatting Chatter and Finding Love Online

I bet you have an account on Gtalk, Chikka, YM, Skype, AOL, MSN and you also access Meebo, ILoveIM or Trillian in the office. I'm right, right?

I was in college the first time encountered chatting online. In school we were all given email addresses (composed of our ID numbers) and we used that as well to log on to ICQ. I was thrilled to talk with classmates electronically (I'd be at the SPS building and they'd be in the library) and sometimes I'd giggle when I see my crush online. Eventually things progressed and we had YM, Chikka, then Gtalk and now there's even the Philippines Chat Room, a chat community.

So, are ya addicted to chatting? I can't imagine my life now without this platform. I have been using it for more than 10 years now and I could say that it has been useful for me both in my personal and professional life. I can just imagine my phone bill skyrocket if instant messenging wasn't invented. Gulp!

What I'm quite curious about now actually is hearing success stories about finding love online. My seatmate in the plane when I was on my way to San Francisco last year actually met and fell in love with his wife (a Filipina) online. I met up with them last April when he came here to marry her. Imagine that.

Come on now... share me some stories. I need something to make me kilig.