Pages

Monday, October 22, 2007

Sunday Video: Now That I Have You



"Now that I have You" composed by Trina Belamide is one of my favorite songs. Just wanted to share this inspiring rendition by 6stringer from his Youtube channel.

I finally managed to watch "Stardust"! I don't even remember the last time I watched a movie and since the Global Pinoy bazaar at the Rockwell tent was surprisingly a small affair (most of the vendors were also at Magnet last September), Sweetie and I had time to watch our first movie and everyone who twitted about how nice it was were correct. Here are some lines from Yvainne (the fallen star) -

You know when I said I knew little about love? That wasn't true. I know a lot about love. I've seen it, centuries and centuries of it, and it was the only thing that made watching your world bearable. All those wars. Pain, lies, hate... It made me want to turn away and never look down again. But when I see the way that mankind loves... You could search to the furthest reaches of the universe and never find anything more beautiful. So yes, I know that love is unconditional. But I also know that it can be unpredictable, unexpected, uncontrollable, unbearable and strangely easy to mistake for loathing, and... What I'm trying to say, Tristan is... I think I love you. Is this love, Tristan? I never imagined I'd know it for myself. My heart... It feels like my chest can barely contain it. Like it's trying to escape because it doesn't belong to me any more. It belongs to you. And if you wanted it, I'd wish for nothing in exchange - no fits. No goods. No demonstrations of devotion. Nothing but knowing you loved me too. Just your heart, in exchange for mine.
(Highlights added).

No comments:

Post a Comment