Pages

Saturday, October 13, 2007

Anonymous

My Twitter has 200 followers now! (Now, if only I could get all of them to sign-up for my feeds... nah, it's not important, I don't really expect anyone to read this silly blog of mine).

Anyway, but apparently some people read my blog and the other day a colleague of mine asked me if the loss of my anonymity doesn't bother me. To be honest, I never expected to meet so many people and be thrust in the limelight because of my work. I do get embarrassed by the attention and more often than not I just want to hide and work in my basement. I also get positive and negative feedback and unwanted attention (translation: stalked!).

So, does it bother me? No. It took me a while to stop hyperventilating over things (approximately 3 months!) and I guess you just really have to take things in stride. It's all in a day's work.

Sometimes we erroneously think that people know us, when, in fact, nobody actually knows who you are (kilala ka ba ng katabi mo sa jeep?). I remember this old guy who came up to me in a function, he said, "Don't you know me?" I said in the most polite way I could, "I'm really sorry, but I don't, may I have your name sir?" He laughed, sort-of like "You should know me," and he actually said over and over again, "You should know me!"

I was a bit embarrassed and realized that I really do need to do more research before attending events and stuff, so I asked again, "May I know your name sir?" He just gave me his internet name and said I should just search for him online. I thought that it was quite rude and then asked some of my friends who he was. "Someone you should stay away from," they said. Good thing I did. And then there's this other guy who walks in a room and expects people to know who he is and he thinks he's so important he doesn't normally answer his mail. Why? "So that they'd think I'm a really busy person." Yabang.

I hope I never turn into someone like that. Think about it... there are billions of people on earth and do you honestly think a million people would actually know who you are? Well, unless you are a real-huge celebrity, a politician or a notorious criminal, then I think it is safe to assume that one is still very much anonymous.

And besides, isn't Anonymous very popular? Go figure.

2 comments:

  1. hahahaha,.. ang yabang naman ng taong yunn!!! feeling nya kilalang kilala sya! nyahahaha! amf sarap batukan! nyehehehe :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. @jehzeel - binagyo ako sa mama na yun!

    ReplyDelete