Pages

Saturday, September 1, 2007

How to Un-Plan Your Birthday

I've wanted to blog about this since the other day, but I've just been extremely busy, I couldn't even Twitter! Arggghhh!

I never planned anything for my birthday. I guess I'm just bored with celebrating it year-in, year-out. I've been quite exhausted lately and thought I'd just hang-out at home and spend time with my family. I know my friends are disappointed that I didn't plan anything for my birthday. So sorry! But, I still have no plans to celebrate. Maybe I am really getting old... Nah!

All I could say though is that so many wonderful and unexpected things happened on my birthday and it made me giddily happy even thought I've been feeling sad lately. I also kept forgetting it was my birthday and I guess that made me really mababaw (more so) that day.

#1 First off was the salubong celebration through an IM conference with quite a number of bloggers! Thanks guys! I really, really appreciate it. Big hugs for all the virtual gifts/food/drinks you brought and all the well wishes! I will never forget how the birthday greetings popped one after the other like fireworks! (I did save the conference somewhere in my PC).

#2 Waking up to birthday greetings. Thanks so much! So sorry if it took me a while to answer back, I was utterly distracted with IMs from all over the world.

#3 Gifts sent through Facebook. Cool eh! (You guys can always give me the real thing soon!).

#4 The unexpected birthday bash at Manila Pen with the Philippine Internet Commerce Society. Nah, it wasn't a party, I just attended the induction ceremonies for the new officers. Thanks Mike for the invitation and the bunch of flowers, I thought it was really sweet. The funniest thing though happened and you just really got to watch this and find out what it is.

#5 I had a series of unfortunate events before the function and to make a long story short I wasn't able to borrow my Dad's driver which was supposed to be my excuse to go home early. Anyway, a colleague who has been vacationing here made me feel really, really guilty that I didn't have the time to spend any time with him and so he insisted on going out to celebrate my birthday. I had so much fun though and I was bowled over by the TGIFriday's crew for doing their birthday spiel on me. I never expected to blow a candle that night. (Thanks Dude! I'll see ya in 2 weeks!).

I think I must've gained all the weight I worked hard to lose the whole month in just a couple of days! Oh well, it is after all my birthday week and all I could say that it worked out well especially since I really didn't expect anything to happen. But guess what, it was filled to the brim the whole week!

What about you? Was there something unexpected that happened that made you really happy?

Happy-happy, joy-joy!

3 comments:

  1. Glad you had a happy birthday, Aileen. I'm having one right now. Someone called at the stroke of midnight to wish me a happy birthday. That was unexpected, and it made me really happy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. belated din aileen .. ^_^

    ReplyDelete