Pages

Friday, September 21, 2007

Bocce

Bocce is one of the oldest games still being played until now. Its origins come from Palestine and Asia Minor circa 5200 B.C. It’s a ball game played on finely crushed oyster shells (so that's what it was!). Basically there's this small metal ball which you roll down first and it should go past the two yellow lines in the middle of the court. The object of the game is to get your ball really close to the small metal ball. It's like bowling, but if your ball reaches the end it's going to be a dead ball.


Here's a video:



Anyway, I thought I was going to get bored out of my skull. My team lost in the first game 12-1! After that though we picked up, strategized (got our opponents a bit tipsy and we basically bumped off their balls that were near the small metal ball LOL) and they lost to us 0-12 and 3-12 (don't remember the score for last game exactly). Mind you, it isn't as easy as it looks and it's a whole lot of fun actually. We also had yummy Italian appetizers during the game and it definitely made me full even before dinner (but I ate again anyways...).

I'll be so fat before I get home. LOL.

Check out Campo di Bocce of Los Gatos they've got better videos of the game.

3 comments:

  1. I've heard about bocce in a P.E. class. Anyway, this is Jamie from UST, the one who gate-crashed your bloggers' party in MOA. I came with a friend and we're doing a thesis on blogging ethics. So I'm hoping we can invite you to our Focused Group Discussion this coming Sunday, Sept. 23, at the UST Main Building room 128, 10am to 4pm (but you can come at 11 if you want). We'll take care of the lunch and the snacks. We're really hoping you can come. Please contact us at 09275679239 or 09266715514. Or email us at jamierosesantos@gmail.com. There'll be people from the party like Anton Diaz, Jomar Hilario, and others. Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @jamie rose - sorry for the late reply. I'm currently out of the country and wouldn't be able to go to your FGD :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. When would you be comming back po?

    ReplyDelete