Thursday, April 26, 2007

Why Do You Read My Blog?

I remember my Kuya and Ate telling me when I got myself in the biggest scrape I've gotten into.


And that meant finding out at a very young age what I really wanted to do. I had to stop being the reckless, happy-go-lucky-I'll-do-whatever-I-want teenager and face my responsibilities. And that's why I know, more or less, what a want (well except in finding the one I think... tsk tsk tsk).

Anyway, things don't just pop out of my head. I don't get brain farts* like Archimedes. I study situations methodically (yeah, yeah nerdy nerdy!) and in the case of blogging - statistics!

I've been feeling quite giddy since I activated Google Analytics in my blogs. It shows me my traffic, where it's coming from, what people are reading, if my readers are mostly new or loyalists and a whole lot of other interesting things.

Well, this is my personal blog, a hodge podge of anything under the sun, from travels, food binges, ranting, blogging and whatever, but it's been quite hard to fathom why people read it. I have other blogs for my other interests (weddings, ghosts, work etc.). It's easy to understand why people are reading my other blogs, but my blog? I dunno since I usually write about stuff from all over the Milky Way.

So, if I may ask you, why do you read my blog?

*brain farts is a term my colleague, JV, taught me, it means "ideas that suddenly pop out of one's head"