Pages

Thursday, April 26, 2007

How to Cool Off on a Hot Summer Day

I can just imagine my Tita when she arrives from the US next week. She's coming home, permanently, after living in the US for almost 40 years.

I bet she's going to rant about the heat, day in, day out.

Some people say it's going to be hotter next month. And it's definitely been a really hot week! And to cool off this is what I've been doing:

(1) Drinking lots of water - jug of water with lots of ice at arm's length
(2) Drinking Coke! - yeah, I know it's bad (it's my Mom's fault!)
(3) Eating ice cream and frozen delights - the joys of Twin Popsies! And I've been twittering about this :)
(4) Wearing summer clothes - I went on a shopping binge last week for summer clothes (the advantages of working at home!)
(5) Miss Minchin hair (LOL) - I'm keeping my hair up, much as I'd want to cut my hair really short, I can't coz I'm going to look like in still in high school

Of course, nothing beats staying in an airconditioned room (I don't want to buy! I'm saving up for something else) or going swimming (beach! beach! beach!). But that's as cool as I could get while working in my little ol' basement.

*Tita - Aunt

6 comments:

  1. Fan, abaniko, or pamaypay - hand driven or battery powered :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:02 PM

    gosh! does she know? and is she prepared? she could just have postponed by a month. i just wish her good luck, the heat is more than uncomfortable. can't help it but hole up in an airconditioned room! dill with the bills later

    ReplyDelete
  3. @juned - hanggang fan oks na... pero kanina di ako nakatiis, I turned the aircon on! How's your callos? Sounds yummy.

    @sexy mom - I'm not sure if my Tita knows. I think my Mom asked her to extend her stay in the US for at least another month, but she's bent on coming. She'll be staying in my old room, the hottest part in my house, but there's an aircon there... so good luck na lang talaga to my Tita :p

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nasa Laguna na for fiesta sa hometown ng Mom ko. Only one bowl left which I ate this afterhoon :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous6:03 PM

    Hi Aileen! I saw you during the iBlog3. I'm hopping from pinoymomsnetwork. Anyway, about your tita coming over, we too have family friends, retired couple from MD who recently came here to live permanently. Lucky them, getting a house (plus another one to be constructed) in Tagaytay so they don't really feel the heat that much.

    Btw, there would be a lot of legwork in store for her when she goes to the BID to arrange her papers. Some even pay hundreds of thousands of php to expedite the processing of their documents so they can stay here legally. Hope she is prepared to do all these in spite of the heat.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @juned - so kelan ka dadala ng callos?

    @julie - thanks for the tip! well, bahala na. I'm sure I'll have to contend with my Tita's complaints about the heat for the next month or so. She can always bunk in with me in my room since I now have the coldest room in the house! :p

    ReplyDelete