Pages

Thursday, April 12, 2007

I Love Data... Click, Click, Click

Yeah, I know that sounds so geeky (I don't mind being called one). But I've been fascinated with data since I was a kid and that's why I really enjoyed spending so much time with Lolo Ned (Dr. Ned Roberto), one of Asia's top marketing/research gurus. He taught me what to do with my fascination with data (kindred souls!). Geeky! Geeky!

Anyway, because of Ely's post about his ranking in Alexa.com I got curious and checked out my rankings. Well, it's far off from Ely's and light years away from Abe's, but I'm happy to note that my traffic rank changed by 1,604,170 within 3 months, so it's now at 273,265 on a weekly basis. Aside from that my Technorati.com rank grew from 370k something to about 65k last night. Woohoo! Not bad since I only started blogging seriously since January 2007. And, not bad at all, since I just blog because I like writing. And now my personal blog is a PR3 and my work blog's at PR4 (ask The Macalua why). Hmmm... And guess who's number 1 when you search for my job title (without the country)? Hihihi. Thanks to the friendly SEOs! Check out their forum if you want to learn more about search engine optimization.

Sorry, that's the nerd in me coming out.

Some of my friends tell me it's unfair that I'm a natural at getting traffic. Must be because of my long stay the the Yellow Pages where I think by category/classifications. I think how people search and well at the age of 4 I was already reading the Yellow Pages. So, if you want to learn how to increase traffic in your website check out Google's Website Optimizer.

No comments:

Post a Comment