Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Help! Miguel's Turning 13!

I need help from my mommy readers and those who have kid brothers who just celebrated their 13th birthday. Heeeeelpppp!!!

Miguel's turning 13!!!

Hyperventilating again. Haha.

Anyway, I never had any problems setting up his birthday parties in the past. Miguel's parties were always themed and I usually did it on my own. I could even whip up a party in less than a week! I'd also get the help of my nephews and nieces (when they're vacationing from Jakarta) in decorating our home. Since they're so good at making art pieces it's always quite a challenge for them.

We've gone through Pokemon, Scooby Doo, Spiderman, Winnie the Pooh (that's my fault!), Super Friends and whatever! But a Shrek party is definitely out of the question! Miguel might disown me if I do such a thing. My amigas who already have children have been bugging me to help them in preparing for their kids birthday parties (I must have missed my calling and should've just been a wedding coordinator/events planner).

And now I'm at a loss on what to do. He's growing up! And is now in high school! And they say that turning 13 is something you really have to celebrate. It is a rite of passage. I remember my Mom prepared a birthday bash for me when I turned 13. The only significant thing I remember about it is being allowed to invite boys to attend! LOL. Hmmm... no girls yet for Miguel! Noooo!!!

I just have 17 days to come up with a plan and with all the work I'm currently swamped with, I'm really lost!

Goodness! What do I do? What do I do?

*Photo circa 1999. Miguel recites "Lines for My Mother", a poem used normally by high school students. I remember at that age Miguel had the books of the Bible (old and new testament) memorized! Mana sa Mommy eh. LOL.