Pages

Thursday, June 28, 2007

Cebu Love Thoughts: How Will I Know He is The One?

Last night Janette and I stayed up until 4 a.m. discussing the merits of choosing “The One” (the right one that is).

How does one choose? And how does one know that the guy lurking around in your backyard is someone you could trust?

Of course, there’s my ideal guy checklist and there’s another list I have which is definitely not bloggable (let’s keep some things about my life to myself eh?). Bo Sanchez in his bestseller, “How to Find Your One True Love” said that you have to meet at least 5 guys every single week. In the past few months, I’ve been meeting that quota easily believe me. And let’s just say, I have made many, many new guy friends. Hehehe.

So how does one go about trusting a person? It is not natural for me to check-up on people. I don’t use a search engine nor Friendster to check-up on one’s background. I know, I know this should come naturally. Argh! I’m just so stupidly trusting (uh, that’s why I have 3 best friends looking after me?). Janette said, “It's all about risk management.” `Nuff said about that.

So let’s say you manage to determine that the person in the hot seat is someone you could trust and someone you’re considering. How long should you “play the game of chess”? (That was Punzi asking why it was going to take several months for me). So how long? Punzi chimed in a bit later on through Twitter that it shouldn’t be long. And Janette said that when you are in your 30s it’s a totally different ballgame because people know what they want and oftentimes don’t want to undergo the frilly, silly game called courtship.

So how will I know? I mean, it’s been a looooong time and I guess I’m kinda lost! LOL. So help me out here!

I’m tagging some married and single friends (and you if you wanna chime in as well) to provide me some thoughts on this matter: Tappy, Marc, Gail, Sasha, Anne, Harry, Janette (a reading perhaps? LOL), Manuel, Jozzua (I still owe you 1 meme!), Lady Cess, Sexy Mom, Noemi, Juned, Jayvee, Jun, Blogie, Andrew, Honey, Jay, Mayi, AJ, Sarah, Kristine, Max, Quistian, Markku.

The things Cebu does to me! LOL. Cheerios!

13 comments:

  1. God, I hate it when people answer "you just know" to questions like this, so I won't even say that. :P

    I've been doing some thinking about the guys I've dated before and the one I'm dating now. I realized that my mistake is that I usually go after guys who have the potential to be smart, responsible, and mature but who are none of those things at the moment. My idealism (or foolishness?) makes me think that I can straighten them out if only I spend more time listening to their emo bullshit or something. I think it's a common mistake a lot of girls make.

    The reason why I let myself fall tragically in love with the guy I'm dating now is because he is already everything I want in a guy. (See checklist :P) I might have mentioned before that I want to stay away from relationships, but I think what I really meant by that is that I want to stay away from relationships with guys who could be mature, responsible, etc. but who are in reality very fucked up little boys. So yeah, Mr. Guy-I'm-Tragically-In-Love-With is the type I'd like to be in a serious relationship with. Wonder if he feels the same way about me. Hahahahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. aileen di ako makasunod sa bloggers meet.. meron akong exam sa isang french company technidata tonight .. so sorry ..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous6:47 PM

    hahaha! babalikan kita dear.

    saw in your twitter that you and your friend were checking out someone "papable." so....? ano? papable nga ba?

    ReplyDelete
  4. mahirap talaga.. kasi mostly nag babago.. after 1 or 2 years.. yung iba pinipilit na di mag bago.. pero.. basta.. di ko ma explain! waaaaaaa!

    It's really hard to trust guys.. nowadays.. naksSS! para akong babae! bwahahahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous9:54 PM

    Haha! Okay, I'll try to come up with a coherent post about this. XD

    ReplyDelete
  6. uy! miss aileen.. ano yung see you on saturday? may grand EB ba mga bloggers? hehehehe :) di ko kasi na gets waaAAAAAA!

    ReplyDelete
  7. @jehzeel - yup there is! check out the mindanaobloggers.com website :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. wahahaha.. di ko kasi na check.. waAAAAAAAAAA!!! kala ko summit lang :) pero matagal pa yung summit... :P

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous5:57 PM

    sige let me compose an entry specially dedicated to you. Abangan. Will twitter when it is up! whee!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous12:50 AM

    You'll never know. As in, really.

    You'll never know because he'll change. And you'll change.

    You'll never know because the wonderful guy today can be the insufferable stranger of the next half-decade.

    You'll never know because you don't really know yourself... yet.

    And if, after knowing that you'll never really know, you still decide to go for it; you still take the risk; you still remember that there are no guarantees...

    If after all that, then that's when you'll "know." :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hmmm... eto lang masasabi ko... You will never will know and you can never can tell. Charing.

    seriously though, in my relatively short experience when it comes to these kinds of things (pa-virgin ako eh), you'll know when you know it. labo no? sabi nga ng song, you'll feel it in your fingers, you'll feel it your toes..

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous1:54 AM

    oh, i missed the tag! don;t worry, i will write one--you see, i knew mine only after 3 days of courtship (he he he)

    ReplyDelete
  13. for me .. walang the one. meron attraction, then friendships, then commitment .. yeehaaaaa ..

    ReplyDelete