Pages

Saturday, June 2, 2007

Meme: The Ideal Guy

I was chatting with Sasha a while ago about making a post about the "ideal guy". I told her that I don't think that topic would sit well here in my blog since it's not a blog about dating and relationships and hello I don't really have much to say about that. Well, apparently she found a way for me to discuss it here in my blog. She suggested I do a meme she did last year. So, here are 8 traits I think a guy should have to be my ideal guy.

Hmmm... after all I've been through, I think my ideal guy is a nerd. Yes, you read it right. A nerd. Some would contest that geek is a better term because it has a more positive ring to it, then so be it... a nerd/geek.

Why, oh why? My girlfriends and I had a long discussion over dinner about the three types of guys: (1) the normal guy; (2) the bad boy; and (3) the geek/nerd. I'm not going to go through #1 and #2 coz that's going to be a looooong story. Let me tell you why my ideal guy is #3.

1. They have passion. When they want to get something done, they do it and they exhaust all efforts to get it done, i.e. Larry and Sergey.

2. They are romantic. And it's not the romantic-cheesy type mind you. I don't like the traditional type of courtship (listen to BOBCast 8 for more info). Getting surprised is just simply so adorable. See also #3.

3. They are very creative, especially when they are wooing you. And they don't just give gifts off the shelf, it's a well planned activity for them.

4. Mababaw kaligayahan. I'm not saying it's easy to please a nerd/geek, but you know if you manage to "get" what they are passionate about and you show interest in it, it's going to make `em mighty happy.

5. Simple. WYSIWYG.

6. Stable. I've noticed that when they are happy in their job, they stay in it and they flourish. Hey, I'm a nerd, so I know.

7. Patient and not judgmental. I'm not going to say anything about this coz I might incriminate myself. LOL.

8. One-woman guy. When they say it's just you, it's just really you.

What about you? What is your ideal guy? Or, if married, why do you think your husband is an ideal guy?

Girls! Meme time! Anne, Honey, Sharm, Lauren, Micholle, Mimi, AJ and Chel.

*Photo by Rico.

19 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:12 AM

    It's hard to imagine a nerd/geek to be romantic and very creative. Wouldn't they be too engrossed with the practical side of things than, say, LOVE? LOL. =P

    Alam ko kung baket dun sa #7! Muahahaha. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @sasha - They are! Imagine when they are engrossed on YOU! Uhh... si Dad dibah? Hehehe. He's so sweet lah.

    #7? Hihihihi. Sikwet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's right. NERDS RULE!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmmm... teka, mukhang ako lang ata ang bading sa mga tinag mo! hehehe. Anyway, here's my post:

    The Ideal Guy

    ReplyDelete
  5. @aj - hehehehe, thought you'd enjoy doing the meme kasi :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It would take a really brave geek to woo another geekette. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I did! kaso lang kaya siya ideal kase I don't think they exist. If they do, they're already taken... or straight! Charot!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous5:26 PM

    diba nerds have difficulty admitting their feelings, like fantastic man of the fantastic 4? kaya nga sila nagbreak ni invisible woman e.

    pasensiya na, was just watching F4. :D

    and oh,your picture is really nice. pwede ko bang makilala ang mga kumukuha ng pics mo at magpapakuha din ako? o sige anak ko na lang :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. @midnight rainbow - I think they're all scared of me! :(

    @aj - hay naku, pati straight wala ata ako mahanap :(

    @lady cess - well, not in my experience hehe. It may take them time, but they eventually say it. Attend ka blogger events and you'll get to meet them :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous8:57 PM

    i hope you find your mr. right soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. hay naku. the too dogmatic. sino kaya meron nun lahat? hehehehe

    ReplyDelete
  12. @anonymous - I hope so too! LOL. But then I think Papa God has been keeping me really busy to fulfill a mission first before that happens.

    @kidd - I actually based those qualities on an ex I had. He waited for me for 10 years, but I was too stubborn to recognize and accept what he was giving me. Ayan, he's gone :( Anyway, in the world I'm moving around, there are lots of geeks/nerds! It's just a matter of finding and choosing the right one :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. this meme of yours reminds me of a conversation i had with a pal:

    http://jester-in-exile.blogspot.com/2006/03/ten-women-geek-should-date-at-least.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. I hope pumasa ako with flying colors.... green and blue and the entire spectrum. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. @jaydj - sweetie... you gave me the rainbow, what more could I ask? =)

    ReplyDelete
  16. OMG I can see the mush dripping all over this post.

    ReplyDelete
  17. @migs - sorry, can't help but be mushy! pagbigyan! it's just been a few weeks! =)

    ReplyDelete
  18. very well explained, thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete