Pages

Wednesday, June 6, 2007

I Am M.E. Miguel Escueta

You might have noticed that I've been attending album launches in the past few months - Christian Bautista, Rachelle Ann Go, Jimmy Marquez, Josh Groban's "Awake" album, Luke Mejares and now Miguel Escueta. It started out as a tag-along, just for me to experience what it is to be a technopreneur (coz I wanna be one!). But then, I enjoyed the first launch so much, Jay the expert technopreneur behind Titikpilipino.com allows me to tag along whenever our schedules jive.

Anyway, I was on my way to Makati for a meeting and I managed to squeeze in some time for Miguel Escueta's debut album, "I am M.E." at Redbox, Greenbelt. I was late, but I caught Miguel's first song "Sa Pagkawala". It piqued my interest and Jay whispered that Miguel is from Ateneo (later on I found out that he graduated with a degree in Business Management major in Communications Technology). Miguel's songs sounded so foreign especially when he sang "Take Me There" and "Falling Away". According to him his musical influences include Coldplay, Lifehouse and Parokya ni Edgar - "Harana" being the first guitar song he learned how to play at the age of 12.

(Top L-R): I am M.E. album, free Mossimo cap
(Bottom L-R): of course! photo opt!, Miguel Escueta being interviewed

The cute 23-year old said he's a shy guy and only had one serious relationship - he is a very persistent suitor though and is single and available. The Ely Buendia look-alike wants to be known for his lyrics, music and showmanship. The album "I am M.E." is all-original and something I'm sure people would enjoy listening to. I checked out the song lyrics and they are indeed deep and doesn't give away the whole meaning of what he's trying to say. Check out "Isipin" for all you torpe guys and "Falling Away" for those on the brink of a break-up.

And notice the writing on Miguel's hand, "Vivite Somnia!" which he said means "Live your dreams".

Thanks to MCA Music Inc., it's my first time to get a free album! And Mossimo for the cap which shielded me from the hot sun when I walked to my next appointment.

Goodness! I think I just sounded like a teener! Anyway, M.E., you've just made a fan.

Here are some videos I took:

Take Me There
Balik Simula
Falling Away (carrier single)


Hala! What are you waiting for? Get a copy at the nearest record bar or order online!

8 comments:

  1. Ah, siya pala yung batang may katabing "I am ME"
    sa billboard sa tapat ng MRT Ortigas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ederic - yup! cute kid! get the cd, maganda. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous4:36 PM

    No payment whatsoever - No lines - No interviews

    go to

    http://www.yehey.com/chat/chatevent.aspx?id=80

    on June 19 2007 and chat with Miguel Escueta - LIVE!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @anonymous - thanks for the info!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous8:53 AM

    I was really shocked when I saw that billboard, because Miguel Escueta and I have the same alma mater. Meaning I knew him when he was a bright-eyed kid...

    So how's the album? :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. @rico - haha! I can just imagine. Well I loved the album! It's got a different Pinoy sound and surprisingly all the songs were original. Wanna borrow?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous5:24 PM

    Miss Aileen, I just saw you at Dish-O, ground floor of ABS during the launch of Christina Bautista's album. If am not mistaken you have something to with Titik Pilipino, right? Together with a young man? By the way we've just eaten our lunch together right there.
    Nice blog and superb interest in writing. I myself, have written a lot, specially when I was in college. But, parang tinatamad na ata ako ngayon, ganon din ba sa yo?
    We have same pre-occupations by the way: Travel, reading, writing.
    Perhaps, your a simple lady. I see it the way you scribble your words. I love such kind of character.

    I've made my blog: www.joemaya.bravehost.com I have posted one excerption. But it was left undone, tinatamad na kasi ako.

    I'm here: elijah_matthew091282@yahoo.com (friendster)

    ReplyDelete
  8. On Googling his name I was redirected here.

    Yeah, his songs are great!! Deep lyrics but those were all cool!

    ReplyDelete