Pages

Wednesday, September 14, 2022

Wellness Wednesdays: Keep Good Friends

I have several sets of friends. My school friends, my former work friends, my neighbors and special friends who have been an anchor since we got home. Mayo Clini and Carnegie Mello University has this to say about friends -

"Having friends and strong social support is good for your health. Studies have show that those with friends have less stress, fewer cardiovascular problems and stronger immune systems."


Pandemic buddies <3


Since the pandemic isn't over yet, my social life has been limited online. Well, it wasn't so different from when I lived in Singapore since I communicated with my friends back home online. What I missed most was having people around. Whenever I was at the office before I would eat lunch with work friends and sometimes we'd go buy coffee for merienda. Whenever I managed to go home I'd meet friends for dinner or coffee. 

It's been difficult to meet up with friends. We've had to be extra cautious since I'm immunocompromised. I've only had one lakwatsa with friends since we got home. We met up at Sonya's Garden in Tagaytay. That was a really happy day. Despite being cooped up we had so much to talk about. It was a great day and I wish we'd be able to do it again.

Keep good friends, especially those who understand you. They will stand by you. Send you food and help during emergencies. And the best thing about having great friends? They will also pray for you. Keep good friends so you can keep smiling and laughing everyday. 

#BeKind #StaySafe

No comments:

Post a Comment