Pages

Monday, September 26, 2022

Home on Mondays: Finally Got a Coffee Grinder

Our house came with a coffee nook, but the only coffee gadget we have is a Hario V60 coffee dripper which I got two years ago. I only weaned away from drinking 3-in-1 coffee during lockdown since I ran out of supply. I took it as a sign to explore drinking brewed coffee. I even enrolled in Commune's coffee 101 class to understand the basics. 

After the coffee class, Ros invited me to join the Coffee Home Brewers group on FB. The group piqued my curiosity more, but I told myself to take things slow. Members would share their coffee nooks and gadgets. I honestly drowned in the terminologies they would use, so I told myself not to fall in the rabbit hole. I read though that grinding beans is better than buying ground coffee. 

So, the sign to finally buy a grinder happened when Gab sent us some Cafe by the Ruins beans. I have been holding off to buy a grinder because I was waiting for "a sign", hahaha. I gave it a week more before I finally bought the grinder Anne recommended. I was really happy I was able to use a coupon to shave off 10% of the cost.

We also watched some videos on how to set it up. Took us awhile to affix the silicon gasket, but setting it up was pretty straightforward. Of course, the first thing we ground was the beans Gab sent. Still used the manual drip method to prepare my coffee, but, oh boy, I realized I should have bought a grinder sooner. The coffee was much more smoother and fresh. 

I hope the Baratza Encore grinder lasts for a long, long time! Now, time to save up for a proper coffee machine. At the rate I'm going, it'll probably take another year before I get to buy a coffee machine, haha. 

#BeKind #StaySafe 

No comments:

Post a Comment