Pages

Friday, September 30, 2022

Lakwatsera Fridays: London

I was able to visit London a few times. I didn't get to see much of it because it was always wintertime whenever I went. It was always too cold for me. I was able to walk around once and chanced upon an event at Buckingham Palace. I didn't see the queen, but there was definitely an event because there were a lot of people outside the gates waiting for something. 





All I was able to do that day was observe the crowd and admire the palace and the statues around it. I was bummed though I didn't get to see the London Bridge. As a child it's one of the nursery songs we used to sing and I was really curious to see it in person. Alas, I didn't have time since I was busy with work. 





Well, I also wanted to save sightseeing with my family. I just felt it wasn't right for me to do lakwatsa while on a business trip. The most I'd do is go grocery shopping and get takeaway after work, haha. I also always rushed home before the weekend to be with my boys. London though was challenging for me because of the weather, so maybe a future trip should be done when it's summer.

And, oh, I didn't get to see Platform 9 3/4ths too. Bummer.

#BeKind #StaySafe

No comments:

Post a Comment