Pages

Friday, September 9, 2022

Lakwatsera Fridays: How Much of the World Have you Seen?

I was looking at my Google Maps timeline. It recorded all the places I've visited across the world. Looking back, I was really very realistic with my dreams. It never crossed my mind to work abroad. The only traveling I did growing up was with my family. That's why I cried the first time I traveled to the US by myself because of work. 




When I stepped out of SFO airport, tears started to fall because it was very overwhelming for me. It was my first time to be by myself and far from family. I lived a very sheltered life. Dad would drop me off in school even when I was in college. I only learned to commute when I graduated in high school. 

Our family would travel and I got to travel more locally and internationally mainly because of my jobs. I guess some would say it must have been in my stars (haha). Also might be because it runs in my family. My ancestors were travelers and saw from research some were involved in shipping and trading, military and teachers. That's probably why I naturally gravitated towards a job that gave me the opportunity to travel. 

Can you guess where this is?


I eventually got used to traveling alone. Took a class where we were taught do's and dont's when traveling alone. We were also taught some basic self defense moves. I still cannot imagine how I managed to remove a huge person off of me during that class. The guru told us it boils down to having presence of mind and don't be stupid (haha). I was lucky I never encountered any issue traveling (unless you count being followed across Pakistan [but they thought I was a Kpop star that's why]).

I cannot say I've been to a lot of places, but I'm happy I managed to travel before being grounded due to health and the pandemic. I wish though I'd be given a chance to visit South America, Canada, Africa and other areas of Europe. For now there are a lot of videos to watch and we can explore places via Google Earth (one can go to Disney everyday!). Realistically though we'll probably stick to exploring the Philippines when it's safer and if my doctor allows me to. 

Where would you go?

#BeKind #StaySafe

No comments:

Post a Comment