Pages

Friday, February 18, 2022

The Pink Vinta Inspiration

A few weeks ago I was inspired by VP Leni's photo when she was in Zamboanga. It was a sunset photo by the bay with several pink vintas in the background. I've been planning to make a sea collection this year and thought I'd start it off with the vintas. Started the project by making a drawing so I could get the right measurements. 


I did everything by hand since I missed hand quilting, plus my hand has been cooperative (vitamin D3 + wall pushups ftw!). I happy to discover I have amassed a good number of pink fabric, mostly fat quarters and charms. Sweetie also got me a bunch of pink layer cakes last Christmas so it worked out perfectly. 


It took me two weeks to finish since I just worked on it at night while watching TV. And here's the quilted Vinta inspired throw pillowcases I made. I didn't fully capture the sides of the sail so I'll improve on it when I make other items. I plan to make a cover for my sewing machine and blender. I'll probably stick to smaller items since I only have fat quarters. 

Good thing my boys don't mind that I'm making our home super pink! Well just the living room for now. I relented and made yellow curtains for the kitchen, but pink checkered curtains would look nice for the kitchen so we'll see if I could stop myself hahaha. 

#BeKind #StayHome #VoteWisely


No comments:

Post a Comment