Pages

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Valentine's: What a Girl Wants

Cupid Has Problems With Ladies Too

I was quite surprised to see my blog's traffic shoot up the past few weeks. Why? Because of Valentine's! Funny, but I get traffic from keyword searches about love and relationships. LOL. I'm no "Dear Abby" or "Ate Helen" (but I do have a lot of experience)! Maybe I should niche on that? Hmmm... And a post about "What to give your crush on Valentine's day" has garnered a bit of interest.

Valentine's is about 11 hours away and I'm pretty sure a lot of guys are scrambling around for last minute gift purchases and planning. Baffled on what to do? To give? Here are a few friendly tips to wow your girl:

1. Surprise her - you don't need to spend a lot of money (or anything at all) to make a surprise. I'm very lucky with Sweetie because he's very creative and he manages to create excitement even with the smallest things. Try greeting her differently this year by creating a card, a coded message (ala Da Vinci Code), wrap a small gift with a huge box, let her discover things on her own, or kidnap her and bring her somewhere special.

2. The bouquet - I am honestly going crazy over Sweetie's plans for Valentine's. I've been getting a rose every single day since the start of February and he's been dropping a lot of clues about THE V-day. I was quite tomboyish when I was a kid (I climbed trees, went over da bakod etc.) and my crush back then had his friend ask me if I wanted flowers. I said no. I was putting up a brave front then, siyempre pakipot. His loss, he should've just given them. You don't actually need to buy flowers. Be creative. Why not create a lollipop bouquet? Sketch flowers on a card. Make paper flowers. The possibilities are endless.

3. Sweets for my sweet - my parents have been married for almost 50 years now and my Dad never fails to give my Mom chocolates during Valentine's and year-in, year-out she's still very kilig about my Dad's gesture (lately I'm the one buying it since he doesn't really like going to the mall). It doesn't have to be expensive either. A pack of Chocnut costs less than PhP30, Chocolate Crunchies' less than PhP50? A chocolate basket perhaps?

Don't have a Valentine? I always had Miguel as my Valentine since he was born and my best friend who I force to give me flowers haha. There's always your Mom, your sister, a girl best friend who you could make happy this Valentine's.

I wonder what Sweetie's up to hmmm...

P.S. Check out my Valentine Revelation at the Twisted Wedding Planner.

8 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:18 PM

    haha, in my experience, you do have 'dear abby' potential=P Dami mo kasing experiences sa buhay=P

    HAPPY VALENTINES to you and Sweetie=) As for me...eto Bitter Ocampo is that you?=P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy valentine's day! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Buti na lang at hindi ako si Sweetie, nakaka-pressure kasi. hahah.

    Enjoy your v-day :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous2:29 PM

    thanks for the Valentine's tips and gift ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous9:59 PM

    Happy Hearts Day Aileen

    ReplyDelete
  6. @sorsi - my next post is dedicated to you

    @christina - same to you sister!

    @theysaywordscanbleed - you're welcome

    @sonnie - happy valentine's day din po

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice blog. I wish I could have celebrated Valentine's Day but I am here in America waiting for my wife to get visa...

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow,serendipity! that's God-given, girl. Got similar encounter with my bf now who's my childhood friend.

    ReplyDelete