Pages

Sunday, February 3, 2008

Britney Spears and the Philippines

One of my favorite past times is watching MYX and I got fascinated watching Britney's latest MTV "Piece of Me" where she mentions our country in the song -

I'm Miss American Dream since I was 17
Don't matter if I step on the scene
Or sneak away to the Philippines
They're still gonna take pictures of my derriere in the magazine
You want a piece of me?
You want a piece of me...


I wonder why the writer pointed out the Philippines... any ideas?

P.S. I was also surprised to see that one of Britney's videos on her Youtube channel had over 20 million views! Wow!!!

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:04 AM

    it rhymes with scene :)
    or
    there are places in pinas na pwedeng paglagakan ng nakiki-kidnap at nahu-human rights violation at hindi mahahanap o makikilala man lang ang masamang loob.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well it has no serious meaning. well i think it just rhymes on the word scene! Philippines is not a place for sneaking....

    ReplyDelete
  3. have you guys ever thought that sneaking away means sneaking away to the beauty that is amanpulo? People, research more and you'll find out what the stars know of the Philippines. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. guys please research.... ;) sneaking to the Philippines is something that hollywood stars do. The Place-- AMANPULO!!! the Philippines is known not only for our smiles but also our beaches.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really? This is a serious question? The song rhymes! They can put whatever country they want as long as it rhymes. Although i agree that Amanpulo is becoming more popular to hollwood stars :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whoever wrote the lyrics just thought of a country that will rhyme with "dream", "scene", and "magazine".

    ReplyDelete