Pages

Friday, February 8, 2008

Kung Hei Fat Choi!

I hope I got the spelling right... I've been seeing so many versions of it all over town and I don't know which one is right and I'm all messed up too on how to pronounce it.

Yesterday was another dizzying, hectic day packed with loads of events and activities and this has effectively sunk me even further down my blogging backlog. I'm at least a month behind. I'm pretty excited though to share everything that transpired yesterday:

(1) Getting Over Stage Fright even further. I've never been to Aliw Theater and I never dreamed that my first time would be for a speaking engagement. My parents thought I was holding a concert! LOL. Photo by Sweetie.

Yup that's me speaking in front of a couple of thousand students.
Never in my wildest dreams believe me.


(2) Meeting Happy Slip. I always look forward to Christine's videos because it's funny and entertaining. I've influenced quite a number of friends (and students!) to watch her as well and I was glad to meet her yesterday at the Yehey.com and Department of Tourism sponsored meet-up at Mag:net cafe at Bonifacio High Street. Too bad I had to leave immediately, I had an appointment with times <28> people hehe. Special thanks to Jonas, sensya na I couldn't be of more service yesterday (I wasn't feeling well din).


(3) Fireworks at the Mall of Asia. What's new year without fireworks? Before heading to the last event of the day we dropped by MOA to grab a bite and realized that there was probably going to be a fireworks display. It was my first time too at the San Miguel Bay Walk.


(4) Guji Lorenzana. Guji is a new artist being managed by Lucas Records and he recently launched his album "Without Your Love". At his video launch last night at 19 East, Guji shared that he is a Fil-Am and before coming to the Philippines (due to a broken heart) he auditioned for American Idol 3.

Drastic Change



Without Your Love
(carrier single)



Happy Chinese New Year everyone!

13 comments:

  1. wow. di kayo magka mukha ni happyslip.. hihihii...

    ReplyDelete
  2. @jehzeel - we will never be mistaken as sisters. Chinese new year pa, so ayan nagpahiwatig ang 12.5% Chinese blood ko :p

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi ate aileen.. im neil from STI.. just wanna congratulate you for a job well done yesterday in the National Youth Convention.. your such a nice speaker..

    anyway, nice blog.. i've been reading your blog since yesterday after the convention.. and you inspired me in so many things..

    take care always..

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi there... I also enjoy happyslip's vids... nice blog...

    ReplyDelete
  5. That jacket looks a bit too big for you. Should fit me well though. =P

    ReplyDelete
  6. @neil - thanks for dropping by my blog! I hope you start blogging too! Lemme know ha!

    @chelyn - thanks! my favorite video is the "Boypren" video.

    @markku - hahaha... you wish!!! miss you friend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous8:25 AM

    so many things, so little time, but still you manage! happy new year, too. another new beginning?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous9:03 PM

    photo #1 - good job aileen! galing mo!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Aileen, idol ah! If that was me at Aliw Theater, I wouldn't have made it halfway from backstage to center stage! Hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  10. @sexymom - kaya tuloy hilu-hilo ako hehehe

    @lady cess - thanks, alam mo naman me bulol.

    @andrew - it pays to be bangag when I do these things, it's like being intoxicated, di mo na pansin tuloy ano nangyayari hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  11. hi aileen, you were in the meet and greet?! i should have met you there...

    ReplyDelete
  12. you met christine from happy slip??

    how cool is that :)

    i'm here by way of blogger.com

    you're the featured blog. be ready for an influx of strange people coming to your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. @dak - sayang!

    @tanyetta - yes, I met her and she's funnier in person. thanks for dropping by =)

    ReplyDelete