Pages

Saturday, February 2, 2008

I'll Take Care of You - Richard Poon

When Sweetie said we were going to attend an album launch I was quite excited since it's been awhile since we attended one. I got more excited when I was told that Richard used to be with U-Turn (remember their hit single "It's You") and when I watched the music video "I'll Take Care of You" on Myx.

I have become a fan! (Photo by JayDJ)

I had no idea that his album would be very much different from all the other album launches I've attended. His music genre is that of the "standards". (Gulp! Standards! I thought it was my Mom who should've gone but... but... read on...). He said that he never dreamed that he would go into that genre. A lot of people actually doubted that he could pull it off. BUT! Richard who used to be a chef for their family business is a very talented singer, musical arranger and you'd know it's true when you listen to his songs. He started doing the standards (forced by his manager) for a charity event, and let's say the rest is history. Here's Richard talking about why he tried out the genre -



Richard believes and hopes that his music would bridge the gap between the young and old generation. I know the feeling because my Mom forces me to listen to her favorite singers - Frank Sinatra, Nat King Cole, Tony Bennett etc. - and these are Richard's influencers for his music. I'd say I truly appreciated the way he sang old and new songs in his unique "standard" way.

Check out how Richard turned pop music into the standards (really cool!) -



You may want to check him out in some videos I took during his album launch -

I'll Take Care of You (carrier single)
Goodbye (para sa mga emo)
The Last Time (for those in love)
Way Back into Love (feel good!)
Dance with Me and Kahit Maputi ang Buhok Ko
Quando Quando (duet with his sister)
Moon River

I certainly enjoyed Richard Poon's album "I'll Take Care of You". A must buy! Bili na!

For more information about Richard poon check this out.

3 comments:

  1. wow..! ang swerte! inggit aku!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1:39 AM

    let me check out his music. i see some nice ones in your list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hello po! I found your blog thru google search. I'm also a fan of Richard Poon... ang gaganda po ng mga songs niya di ba!! ^__^ yun lang po. have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete