Pages

Monday, March 3, 2008

Buhay ang Banda ng Bayan

I must admit, I have not been following closely Rivermaya, Ang Banda ng Bayan. I know most of their hit songs and just own one CD - The Greatest Hits Album. Yeah, I know, shame on me. But, it's never too late to become a fan!

There was a huge stir last year when Rivermaya's lead vocalist, Rico Blanco, left. All the fans were heartbroken and asked, "Would Rivermaya survive?" Eventually the group decided to look for another lead vocalist through a contest and Rivermaya is complete once again with the addition of Jason.

Me with Rivermaya! Yay! (Photo by JayDJ)

The first time I encountered Jason was when Sweetie showed me a photo of the new group. He was obviously new to the group since he looked really shy. The next time I saw him was at the OPM Songhits Music Awards last November and his bandmates had a ball letting fans lose on him. He looked quite overwhelmed. It was when they performed I saw why he was chosen to be the new lead singer. The stage becomes him. From the shy, cute-geeky looking boy, Jason becomes a total performer and someone who, I expect, would have hordes and hordes of fans. It's a total transformation, believe me, and the tube doesn't do him much justice. You have to watch them perform live!

The band's definitely alive! Check out their newest album, "Buhay" (you can also order there for those who are overseas).

Here they are performing "Buhay"



And here's a really cute, interesting song, "Ligawan Stage"



Enjoy!

5 comments:

  1. Honestly, I prefer the old Rivermaya line-up. With Bamboo, Perf de Castro, Nathan Azarcon, and okay, Rico Blanco. But at least there's the drummer, who is the only remaining original member of the band.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah the old rivermaya that was the best.. ei also check out the latest album of sandwich walang tapon na song lahat pwede irelease lalo na yung betamax sa wakas naisama na nila sa album nila

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember Bamboo when I was still in Pinas...he's not part of Rivermaya no more?

    Btw, I like your site :)

    Keep it up!

    ~E

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey buddy!! rivermaya is not rivermaya without rico, but i think rivermaya is not rico. so rivermaya is rivermaya!! i am glad that your blog was mentioned to blog buzz!! goodLuck!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous9:10 PM

    Rico was part of Rivermaya. And I think he always will be a part of the band.

    But what I want to say is we should atleast give Jason a chance to prove his self and what he can contribute to the band.

    There's no need to compare Jason and Rico and/or Bamboo. Afterall, they all have their own style as the vox of the band. :)

    ReplyDelete