Pages

Thursday, December 13, 2007

1st OPM Songhits Music Awards

Songhits is what probably pushed me to love OPM (original pilipino music). We always had those when I was a kid and I remember saving some of my allowance to buy a copy. It was the only way to get lyrics of your favorite song (unless you buy the tape or write it down yourself). Remember? Well, if you're a child of the 80s you'd know what I mean.


I've been tagging along with Sweetie in the music events he's been attending and I couldn't help but be awed when we attended the 1st OPM Songhits Music Awards. There were music artists all over the place - from MYMP to Cueshe to Rivermaya, Ely Buendia and many others. I just got extremely shy to have a photo taken with them, hehehe.

Anyway, Sweetie did a full coverage of the event, check out Titikpilipino.com's photo gallery and the list of winners. I was there as a fan and I forgot to take any notes.

Here are a couple of videos I took -

The New Rivermaya



Pupil (Ely Buendia singing "Sala")



Other videos

Cueshe - Ulan
Itchyworms - Beer
Kyla - Love Will Lead You Back
Mark Bautista - Break it to Me Gently
Ronnie Liang - Ngiti
Yeng Constantino - Hawak Kamay (she won three awards)
Hale - Shooting Star
Miguel Escueta - Isipin
Christian Bautista and Rachelle Ann Go - Pag-ibig na Kaya

No comments:

Post a Comment