Pages

Wednesday, December 26, 2007

For My Best Friends

Happy birthday J.C.! This day would not have existed without you!

I couldn't help but smile yesterday while talking with my best friend, Anne. I asked her if she it crossed her mind early this year that I would be what I am now. She replied, "Not in my wildest dreams." Of course, being my best friend (and most accessible one), she got the brunt of all my rants and woes. When my schedule wasn't as hectic, we always found time to go to Wendy's and talk. It always took us at least 3 hours to finish a burger and a salad (what are biggie iced teas for? hehehe). So, that's the story behind Songs from Wendy's.

Anne knows how crazily girly I could get too and managed to hold me together a lot of times in the past 2 years. My long-time best friend, Darwin, for almost 2 decades kept that in check and always provided tongue-in-cheek advise, that I'd always end up laughing and that makes me forget why I was lamenting in the first place. Far-away best friend, Tappy, is the out-of-the-box soulful thinker among other things. And the Sweetie-best friend filled up an "opening" that was vacated 12 years ago. And Miguel, believe me, I sometimes mistake that 13-year old to be my guardian angel.

Point is, it takes a lot to keep me together at times. My roller-coaster life demands that I have that many best friends and each of them hold a very special place in my heart. They have seen me through a lot of mishaps and trouble (especially Darwin who's been around since I was a kid). And I thought I'd give them huge, bear hugs this Christmas for always being there for me.

Thank you very much my dearest best friends. I love you guys!

==========
Additional Christmas Post

This Christmas has been very different from all the other Christmases I've had. I mentioned last night that I missed a lot of stuff - mostly routine - my family (Ate and Kuya) and friends, but the bottomline is, it's not a blue Christmas and here are some more recounts:

Christmas Photos
Christmas Lunch at Good Earth Tea Room
Miguel's Christmas Scavenger Hunt

No comments:

Post a Comment