Pages

Saturday, May 2, 2020

Work to Accept the Unknown

The most difficult thing about this pandemic is not knowing what may happen next. I've been trying to keep abreast of what's happening. Almost 3.2 million people have been infected globally with the US leading at 1.2M, 17k in Singapore and less than 9k in the Philippines. Many countries have instilled community quarantine/lockdown, but there's very few countries where the spread has slowed down (Korea/Taiwan to name a few). I had it in my head that perhaps by May it would  slow down already and we can start going back to normal by June. I don't think that is going to happen anytime soon. 



I've been reading articles about taking care of your overall well-being during this period. The phrase "work to accept the unknown" caught my eye and I realized that is where we all are now. There is no known and no one can say for certain when this pandemic is going to end. My director told me that in time we'll probably ease back in the office, but he said that I should probably think about whether I should come back soon. With my health condition I'll probably be the last to come back to the office. 

The unknown is a scary place. There is the term "step into the unknown" which incites excitement. The unknown that we have now is not something that any of us would want to go into. How does one work to accept the unknown? I don't know. I don't have a clue either. I was really affected when the circuit breaker was extended in Singapore. I was a wreck. I'm a creature of habit and the extension affected me because I know there are things I like that I won't be able to do anytime soon (like being with my son who's in Manila). 

I only calmed them when I was reminded that I have my faith and I must trust that God will lead the way. It may not be the same life as before, but I must trust that wherever this will bring us it will be where God wants us to be. 

Happy Saturday everyone. Keep the faith!

#CB26 #StayHome #BeKind

No comments:

Post a Comment