Pages

Sunday, May 10, 2020

All That I Am is Because of Mom

We finally got to watch "A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood" last night. I was looking forward to watching this movie when it came out, but things got super busy and I missed it. I was ecstatic when I found it on Google Play Movies yesterday and watched it with Sweetie. I super love Mr. Rogers. I would always remember watching him every morning when I was four years old. It's one memory I could still remember vividly. I'd turn on the TV, wait patiently for the US national anthem to finish playing and then joyously await Mr. Rogers to come out and sing "It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood". 



One of the memorable speeches that Mr. Rogers made was when he got an Emmy award. He said, "All of us have special ones who have loved us into being. Would you just take, along with me, ten seconds to think of the people who have helped you become who you are. Those who have cared about you and wanted what was best for you in life. Ten seconds of silence. I’ll watch the time." It was included in another form in the movie and was a really good reminder to me to be grateful for everything I have been blessed with. 



The first person I thought about as I watched the scene in the movie* was my Mom. Growing up my Mom was very strict, but that's how she nurtured me to be who I am today. Every summer she taught me a new craft. She may not have taught me how to cook, but she taught me how to be street smart. She always found a way to work things out. Dad was the dreamer, but Mom is the executioner. I think I take more after my Mom than my Dad when it comes to work-style (the messy side of me comes from Dad hehe). 

All that I am is because of my Mom. Thank you Mom, happy Mother's day. Love you <3  

*where Mr. Rogers asked the journalist to take a minute to think about the people who helped him become who he is


#CB34 #StayHome #BeKind

No comments:

Post a Comment