Pages

Saturday, May 23, 2020

My New Normal

So it's been more than two months now since I've been stuck at home. I miss going out. Last night before we went to sleep I told Sweetie I wanted to have cappuccino for breakfast. I don't even remember the last time I had breakfast outside of home. 



We tried to order cappuccino this morning, but there wasn't any from our usual breakfast places. McDonald's is still closed in our area. I just contented myself with a double latte. I didn't stress over it because I've accepted the fact that things are different now. 

I've learned to "accept the unknown". It's been a struggle for me, but I did what I could to cope. I kept busy. My body rejected being work busy, so I worked on a good balance. I don't work 11 a days anymore, just 10 hours and 45 minutes. Kiddin'. I try to keep to 9 hours a day now. 

After work I break it by changing the lighting at home. I switch on the TV and watch a couple of YouTube videos relating to my interests -- planting, baking, home viewing etc. Then I prepare dinner. After dinner we watch our favorite vlogs and I either sew or do some research on my interests. I blog usually before I head to bed (that's why I post super late at night). 

I learned from Dr. Joe Dispenza that when you want to break the habit of being yourself you need to continuously learn something new. To keep myself on the bright side of things I've decided to re-work my plans for 2020. And working on the "stay at home" framework I'm going to learn new things based on my interests -

  • Planting - veggies! Become more self-sufficient! (Honestly, I just want to grow mustasa coz I want to cook my Dad's yummy mustasa beef dish).
  • Quilting - finish a couple of blankets I've started!
  • Cooking - learn to cook favorite Pinoy dishes that I miss so much!
  • Baking - learn to bake my favorite Pinoy bread (plan is here).
I'll work on detailing the list in the next few days. I'm happy when I'm productive and that will help me cope from missing Miggy and Mom so much. 

What about you? What's your new normal?


#CB47   #StuckAtHomeDay78 #StayHome #BeKind 

No comments:

Post a Comment