Pages

Tuesday, April 1, 2008

The Magic of Leodini

I would've posted this last night, but electricity went out around midnight. I was already uploading the video when the lights just suddenly conked out! It's NOT a nice way to start April Fools Day, so I thought I'd skip the occasion and just post about who the people who consistently fool us (no offense meant) - magicians! Magicians, after all, have been around for centuries.

Last Sunday, Sweetie and I attended the birthday party of his godson. The magician's performance was such a pleasant surprise. I've attended quite a number of children's parties and most (if not all) of the magicians were b-o-r-i-n-g. I think I was about 7-years old the last time I actually enjoyed watching a magician. Anyway, we were quite perplexed with Leodini's looks. Yeah, yeah I know, you're not supposed to judge a book by his cover... but... we thought he looked a bit scary.

We were proven wrong.

Leodini gave a great performance. I was totally freaked out with how he did things and how he managed to making magic entertaining. He was quite funny.

Here's a bit of his show, but it is waaaay better if you get to watch him in person.



I got his card, for inquiries please email him at leodini @ leodini.com.

5 comments:

  1. Hi Aileen,
    Been looking through all your blog sites.
    I thought I was going over the top with just five of them,but you manage to upkeep so many. :-)
    Your an inspiration to bloggers everywhere.

    Keep up the great work.

    Regards
    Brad Peadon
    Philippine Railways SIG
    http://philippinerailwayhistoricalsociety.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:43 AM

    I did cartwheels and sommersaults today after reading about my show on your blog. And I'm not even an acrobat! Had I known it was you I was performing tableside magic for, I would have taken out the bigger guns---like the vanishing Statue of Liberty or the appearing elephant (though I seriously doubt the Kamayan guys would allow me to bring an elephant into the house).

    You're right, the show is way better when watched live. My parents designed my genes to make me more photogenic in person than in picture.

    Stay magical,
    Leodini

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aileen and I saw him perform during my inaanak's birthday party and it was really entertaining. Highly recommend watching him live. Keep it up !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous11:14 AM

    My husband and I watched him 2 years ago at a party of a friend's daughter in Magallanes. He was a HOOT! I don't remember taking our attention elsewhere when he started pulling out his bag of tricks! ;) Super funny magician, and that's rare! He connects with both the kids and parents. We were sold! That's why we booked him for our baby's 1st birthday this coming February ;)

    ReplyDelete