Pages

Tuesday, January 16, 2024

Starting the Year with a Fun Project

I'm so excited to start sewing and quilting again! I usually start the year with something useful and fun. I've been wanting to make my own version of the popular jute bag used during the holiday season for gifts. I like the shape and size. 

A friend gave me one and I've been using it to carry my stuff around the house. My tablet and phone fits it perfectly. I also bring around some essential oils in case I get a headache or need to stop an allergy. I have a collection of character fabric, so that's what I experimented on. 





As I happily assembled the bag, I told myself I could finally use the straps I've bought in the past. When I started assembling the bag I couldn't find the straps! My craft room is currently in a bad state. It's messy because I'm also sorting through boxes from my childhood home. Since I couldn't find the straps, I challenged myself to DIY it!




Good thing I had materials to make straps. It was quite easy to make (see video above). Next time, I'll try to make the rounded ones. I'm happy I was able to add a new sewing skill! Will share next week, how the bag turns out!

More info about this project on my sewing blog: https://www.needleadventures.com/2024/01/how-to-make-bag-strap.html 

#BeKind #StaySafe

No comments:

Post a Comment