Pages

Friday, January 12, 2024

First Attempt at Making Lengua de Gato

We had to do something about the leftover egg whites from making leche flan. I found out that lengua de gato is made from egg whites. I super love lengua de gato, so I studied how to make it by watching videos and reading recipes. I combined two recipes when Miggy and I made our first attempt. 




The batter was perfect! The cookie tasted really good even though I forgot to add salt (since I used unsalted butter). One thing we didn't realize though, we own a fan oven and most recipes assume you're using a gas oven. We adjusted the baking time, but the middle part would be soft. Most of the cookies ended up that way and the edges were browned. It still tasted good, so the boys finished the whole batch in no time. 

Here's how we made it:



Next time Miggy makes leche flan, we'll attempt to make flavored lengua de gato. Actually, if you notice, some of the fingers are a bit tanned. It's not burnt. It's because I added coffee to half of the batch we made. The boys said they liked it a lot, so next time I'll do half and half again. Miggy has also taken note to make sure we use fan oven temperature next time we bake. No wonder my baked goods haven't been turning out well, haha. 

Full recipe at: https://recipesformyson.blogspot.com/2024/01/recipes-for-my-son-lengua-de-gato-our.html

#BeKind #StaySafe

No comments:

Post a Comment