Pages

Friday, January 26, 2024

Level-up Laing!

Our family's hometown is Bicol. That's where my parents grew up, so naturally most of the food served at home when I was growing up had gata in it. We also had adobo sa gata, laing, pinangat, kuhol etc. If laing was made, we'd always have a spicy and non-spicy version since Mom couldn't tolerate spicy food. Dad though preferred spicy food. 

I like laing and eat it whenever it is available. I don't know how to cook it though. Last week, part of our meal plan was laing. I was so excited since it's been awhile since I had laing. Sweetie though doesn't really like food with gata, so he gave his share to me. Since I had extra laing I decided to turn it to pasta. 





It was my cousin, Ate Odette, who taught me how to turn pinangat into pasta pinangat. She accompanied me to buy pinangat and just hurriedly told me what to do to turn it into pasta. I only so far eat pinangat as pasta and thought why not do the same for laing. 





I followed the same recipe to turn laing into pasta. It tasted really good and I was really lucky because I had the whole batch I cooked for myself, haha. I hope my meal plan provider will serve laing again soon!

Recipe: https://recipesformyson.blogspot.com/2024/01/laing-pasta-recipes-for-my-son.html

Try it soon! Nomnomnom.

#BeKind #StaySafe

No comments:

Post a Comment