Pages

Tuesday, October 3, 2023

Retaso Project 4: Coffee Pot Rug

We've been using cork potholders for a few years now. After I finished making a potholder from scrap fabric I thought maybe I could make a coffee pot rug. We make coffee everyday and we normally just leave the pot on the counter. I wanted to replace the cork to make the stuff on our kitchen counter livelier. 

Gathered the tiny triangles I chopped off to make binding. It was quite a lot. Took me a few days to realize that the triangles could only create 3" x 3" squares (or smaller). Eventually decided to just use the tiny triangles as an accent. I think it turned out cute.




Here's how I made it -





I guess you can call it a potholder too since I used insulation wadding for it. It's amazing how the insulation wadding can keep heat out even though it's quite thin! I doubled the wadding just to make the rug a bit thicker. I think I'll make more since the cork potholders keep going MIA from the kitchen. 



Maybe next time, a Christmas one?

#BeKind #StaySafe

No comments:

Post a Comment