Pages

Wednesday, October 25, 2023

I Did a Sleep Test

One of the things I've been struggling with is falling asleep. More often than not I still feel tired when I wake up in the morning. My Fitbit tells me my oxygen saturation while asleep when I wake up. It used to go down to 93 to 94% before I started pulmo rehab. It has improved, but I still feel tired and my energy is still limited most days. 

My doctors have been working on finding ways to improve my endurance. I've done my regular tests and my new pulmo is also a sleep expert. He appraised me and Sweetie and recommended we do a sleep test. I finally did it the other day. Told the medtech it should be easy peasy since I just need to sleep. We were lucky because we were able to do it at home. 


Not yet wired at this point.


So I thought it would be a walk in the park compared to other tests I've done in the past. I knew they were going to stick some wires on me, but I didn't expect it to be a lot. It took 30 minutes for them to stick everything on me. Good thing my PT advised me not to use conditioner because they needed to stick stuff on my head. It wasn't easy. 

I was fighting sleep the whole day, but was told not to take a nap. After an hour and half of paperwork, setting up the machines and wiring me, I finally settled in and tried to sleep. It took awhile before I fell asleep. Sleeping while there are strangers monitoring you and not being able to curl up on my side was hard. They also moved me whenever I defaulted to my usual position. At some point they also put a mask on me. It made me feel like I was wearing Darth Vader's mask, haha. 

Got the results and I apparently have moderate sleep apnea. I have to schedule to see my doctor to find out what we need to do. Hopefully, it would help my quality of life since there's so much I want to do at home. Pulmo rehab has been helping, at least I can do one activity per day now versus 2 to 3 activities per week. I was told to rest though since I have the tendency to push hard whenever I feel okay, haha. 


No comments:

Post a Comment