Pages

Sunday, October 8, 2023

Just Ask

We've been meaning to go to Tagaytay for a few months now. We set a schedule to go with Kuya and Ate Joy two weeks ago, but a few days before our schedule the volcano decided to release a lot of gas. Of course, we canceled our trip again.

A friend pinged and said he was coming to visit. Since he was coming all the way from another country, I mentioned maybe we could go to Tagaytay. Well, Taal wasn't in the mood again so we made other plans. The day before we were set to meet, plan B place did not confirm our reservation. Sweetie and I made a mad scramble to make plan C. 

I took a look at the weather and air quality situation in Tagaytay. Surprisingly, it was good. Air quality was in the green level. Some rain was forecasted (40 to 50% chance), but lately those forecasts are usually a miss. So I asked Sweetie maybe we could go? 




To make a long story short, we went to Tagaytay with my friend. My friend was ecstatic and he was so happy he was able to experience local life. The weather was clear. Skies were blue. Rain clouds only started to form when we went to Mahogany Market, but we were able to leave with good weather. I've been wary to visit Tagaytay in rainy weather because the road could be slippery. 

While looking at the Taal Volcano, I realized I haven't been asking God for much. My prayers have been focused on praying for good health, safety, blessings and guidance. The night before our trip I prayed for safety and good weather and air quality. He gave that and more. The day was perfect and I'm glad we were able to show my Malaysian friend another side of our beautiful country. 




“And I tell you, ask and you will receive; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks, receives; and the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened. – Luke 11:1-13 and Matthew 7:7-12

A blessed Sunday to everyone.  

#BeKind #StaySafe

No comments:

Post a Comment