Pages

Wednesday, October 4, 2023

Pulmo Rehab

Had my fourth pulmo rehab session yesterday. I guess the center thought it was time to level up my exercises. We did last Thursday's one hour session in 30 minutes and I was taught new exercises in the second half. We are working on increasing my endurance since I am limited to doing one activity per day. 

Ended up resting the rest of the day. I took two long naps after. I was winded since we also went out yesterday. I did 3x the usual steps I make. Usually it takes a couple of days to recover whenever I go out. My cardio and pulmo worked in tandem to have me do pulmo rehab. They said it should help strengthen my lungs and reinforce the healthy parts. 




I've been doing my pulmo rehab online. I originally wanted to do it in person so the PT can gauge my capacity better. Ended up doing it online which is fine since I don't have to travel to the hospital. Saves me time, energy and gas. 

Been in touch with my former PT. She's back in London and has been busy teaching. She was really good to me. I was sent to her to do PT for my back, but she realized she had to deal with my lungs first before I could do any of the back exercises. The sessions were excruciating and I'm really lucky she was very patient with me. We developed a friendship and have been in touch since I last did a session with her in 2021. 

I have so far experienced 3 PTs now. I think they switch around depending on your progress. They are all efficient and kind and I'm surprised they keep tabs on what you go through. They also don't shy away from questions because I raised the issue about climbing stairs. Told my PT yesterday I encountered steep stairs last Monday and it was really hard for me. He taught me how to deal with it. I'm going to practice it when I've recovered. 

I have 12 more sessions and have to see my doctors midway to check on my improvement. I think it's so far been very helpful. How I wish I did this sooner (like since 2018). I could have probably avoided gaining more scars and lung issues, but doctors have different schools of thought. My PT told me yesterday, "Well at least you know you're one of a kind." Haha, yes, indeed. 

#BeKind #StaySafe 


No comments:

Post a Comment