Pages

Tuesday, October 8, 2024

Mom's Garden is Amazing

Did some adulting stuff today and took the opportunity to take stock of what is in my Mom's garden. We had the garden cleared so we could walk around. I was afraid that Mom's plants have died.

The garden is still very lush. Mom left a lot of knick-knacks but her true treasure is her garden. My Mom was a "mega-evolved" plantita. If there are stages to being one, she's at the highest level. Anything she touched would grow and thrive. Even without maintenance her garden is still very lush.


Plants usually don't survive when you do construction. I've been trying to work out a plan to save my Mom's plants. Weeds have taken over the grass and only a small patch is alive. There's a lot of potted plants, but some are being choked already by vines. The invasive vines will probably die when work is done on the property.

I think the first step I would take is to identify and make an inventory of Mom's plants. Then I can research and plan how to save them. I think we can probably move those that need full sun and less watering to a side that won't be disturbed. This way I can prioritize to take what needs more maintenance and bring it home. For bigger plants/trees, we can probably propagate them to grow new ones.

You might ask why I'm trying to do this. Why save my Mom's plants? It's going to be a lot of work. Well, it was my Mom's wish to preserve her garden. All of us have fond memories of her in her garden. She poured a lot of love in it and it will be my way of preserving her memory.

Good luck to us 😊

#BeKind #StaySafe

No comments:

Post a Comment