Pages

Saturday, October 5, 2024

Fiesta is Not the Same Without Mom

It's the time of the year when we have our parish fiesta. It's been years since we went and it's not the same without my Mom. She knew everyone and where to go, so we always just followed her lead. We didn't go last year since I wasn't ready yet. 



It was raining off and on the whole day, but the sun came out in the afternoon. We decided to step out and check out what was going on. Some neighbors shared what they were selling and we were curious. I think it only rained in our area since the park was surprisingly dry. 




The new playground was full of children playing. I was happy to see that since it's empty during weekdays. The kids are lucky because during my time we only had a few swings, a slide, monkey bar and a see-saw. Miggy used the same set which was dilapidated by the time he was born (haha). They opened up a new area and installed new playground sets. 




I honestly don't remember the last time I was able to visit during our parish fiesta. The field was full of sellers, much more than the last time I was able to go with my Mom. There will probably be more people tomorrow since there will probably be more activities too. 

We didn't bump into a lot of people we knew. I used to see a lot of my Mom's friends before. They'll probably be around tomorrow, but since I'm still taking antibiotics I'll probably stay home. We wore masks when we went and didn't stay out too long. We just bought some merienda and said hello to a few friends.

Happy fiesta everyone!

#BeKind #StaySafe 


No comments:

Post a Comment