Pages

Thursday, May 18, 2023

Throwback Thursday: Milestones with Mom

Mom never left me. She's always been there for me every step of the way. I looked through our photos and I'm happy I was able to share milestones with her. She was also the same for Miggy. Don't really know where to start, so I'll just follow how Google Photos saved the pictures chronologically. Skipped my graduation since I couldn't find a photo (sorry, it was pre-digital era!). 

Miggy's pre-school recognition day.

Mom was there when my first (and only) car was delivered. She drove it before I did!

Miggy's high school graduation.

Mom braiding my hair while I was recovering from heart surgery.

 Mom and Jet, her great grandchild. She was there for Carissa.

Of course, Mom got to visit both offices in Singapore. Dad would have never allowed me to leave.


Mom was already 78 years old when she took care of me after I had open heart surgery. She was there for everyone who needed her and let anyone in the family who needed a home to stay with her. That's how I got to get close with my other titos and titas. She was in fact stronger than me and was still busy gardening until her last days. Sister Lirio reminded me that I was lucky I always had her around me. Another friend told me it's really going to be rough, just remember all the happy memories and the pain will eventually ease up. 

Love you Mom and I miss you. 

#BeKind #StaySafe



No comments:

Post a Comment