Pages

Tuesday, May 2, 2023

Dear Mom

Dear Mom,

I woke up to the news that you were gone. I had a feeling it was coming and I have been distressed about it the past few months. When Tita Letty called and told me, she was so distraught I slipped into how you trained me. When Dad left us, you told me it's a fact of life and I just have to live with it. I was so emotional, I was useless and you took care of everything. 


I'm a little cuckoo because you had me when you were 39. Latak as Daddy says.


I sat on the bed and tried to remember what you taught me and realized you did not teach me what to do. We sought the help of friends to figure out what to do. All I knew was you wanted to be laid to rest beside Daddy and to do it on a glorious mystery day. A few neighbors offered to help find a doctor, but everyone was out. Well, we eventually figured it out 

I have not cried. I know you'd be proud of me for being unemotional. I guess I've been emotional enough the past few months. I wanted you to stay with me, but you preferred to stay in your house. You wanted your freedom and well I haven't been well. You kept saying I inherited all your and Dad's illnesses. I would respond by saying because you both love me so much. 


I always thought I had more photos with Daddy, only noticed this cute one now.


I know you woke me up in the wee hours of the morning yesterday. I was having palpitations and was starting to feel numb. I worried about you and just prayed you're okay. Fell asleep again and woke up when Tita Letty called. I know you woke me up because I had to move. I found out though that you were trying to make a call, but God said it was time for you to go home. 


I was heat sensitive since birth, haha.


The next few days will be rough. I am trying to keep things together. Kuya will take care of the funeral and Ate will arrive on Friday. Please watch over us Mom and say hi to Dad from me. I know you're around because I've been smelling your scent all over the house. Don't worry, you trained me well. I got this. 

Love you Mom and will miss you. 

xoxo,

Aileen 


For those who wish to pay their last respects, wake will be from May 3, 2023, 5pm to Friday night at Manila Memorial Park. Inurment will be on Saturday, 9am. Please kindly wear a mask when you visit. Thank you. 

#BeKind #StaySafe


No comments:

Post a Comment