Pages

Wednesday, May 24, 2023

Wellness Wednesdays: Don't Forget Your Flu Vaccination

Feel ill with the flu right we brought Mom to Manila Memorial Park. It was probably a blessing in disguise because I would have probably been overwhelmed. Ate and Kuya took care of everything after I made the arrangements. I don't think I would have made it through that week in one piece. It also took me over a week to feel a bit better. That's how it is to be immuno-compromised, you can easily pick up germs. 




I saw a Watson's ad the other day announcing their vaccination days. The last time I had flu vaccination was just before we went home from Singapore in 2021. No wonder I easily fell ill when we went out. Told the boys I think it's a good time to get vaccinated. Promptly booked an appointment and prayed it would be a good day for me. 

Saturday came and I was unfortunately unstable. The boys though didn't want to leave me alone at home, so I said I'd go with them but will probably sit out the vaccination. We ended up going to the wrong branch (haha). I didn't know there were 3 Watson's branches in our area. We were just a bit late for our appointment, but didn't need to worry since there was no line and I don't think they even had a list of those who booked. 

I felt a bit better by the time we went, so I proceeded to get vaccinated. A doctor assessed each one of us. I showed her my prescriptions and she interviewed me a bit. After the review, we proceeded to the vaccination area. Paid for the vaccine and got the jab. It wasn't painful, but I felt the effect immediately. I felt woozy and a bit short of breath. From previous vaccinations, I was told to take my regular medicines and inhaler. The immediate effects were gone by the time we got home and I even watered the plants. 

Thought I was okay, but I felt my arm go heavy by the time we had dinner. Of course, I promptly conked out on the couch after eating dinner. It's not ideal to fall asleep after eating, but I just passed out, haha. Woke up two hours later and my arm felt so much better. I put ice on it as soon as I started to feel some pain. It's been a few days and I'm still feeling some effects. It may be the vaccine or the really bad AQI the past few days. Dunno, just resting for now. 

In case you're curious, the flu vaccine in Watson's is the quadrivalent Sanofi flu vaccine. My respiratory doctor in SG kept reminding me before to get it :)

Thank you Doc Bianca and the kind nurse who had magic hands (di masakit!). 

#BeKind #StaySafe


No comments:

Post a Comment