Pages

Monday, January 6, 2020

My Plan for a Spectacular 2020

Now that the holidays are over I'm now more relaxed and have had a chance to think about how I'm going to make 2020 a spectacular year. Last year was not a good year for me. I was in and out of the hospital for check-ups almost every week and that was the reason why I decided to take an extended leave to allow my body to rest fully. I've been away for a month now, but I'm still far from being my normal self. I decided to blog and resurrect my vlog again because historically it's been the best way to stabilize me (read my blog description above to understand).

I wrote a blog post the other day about what I'd like to focus on this year. Thought it would be a good idea to write specific goals and activities for the year.

Health - ramp up on back exercises (meaning exceed what my PT has pegged for me to do on my own while I'm not in SG), swim 3x a week, lose weight, reduce dependency on meds, eat better, sleep earlier to complete at least 8 hours of sleep, fix work set-up

Home Management - get more help from the boys in managing the household, reduce clutter by removing things that don't bring me joy

Work on Financial Freedom - my Kuya clarified with me that being financially free means you have income coming in monthly that can cover all your regular expenses. Right now I only have 5% of what I need to be financially free so I have a long way to go! (Suggestions are very much welcome).

Reading and Writing - I have so far been consistently writing everyday this month, I've yet to start reading a book. I should set-up a daily schedule so I can discipline myself more.

Breaks - work out break schedule with Sweetie. I'd very much like to make sure I'm always home for the holidays.

Travel - given that I need to limit my travel, especially long travel because of my health condition I still want to see the world more. I want to explore Japan more and I haven't been to France yet. I belatedly realized that I should have signed up for that La Sallian retreat in France I saw a few months ago. Hopefully another one comes up, but I'm looking at this other retreat to attend later this year.

Learn - learning something new is top of mind. I'm still choosing between cooking classes or sewing classes.

Hobbies - I want to create so many things, but time is limited so I'll limit my hobby to quilting for now.

Play - I need to remind myself that I don't need to be productive all the time. I promise to use my Switch without feeling guilty! And I have a couple of Lego projects I haven't started on yet.

Special Projects - there's two special projects I want to do. When I met up with my cousins the other day they said that they missed my Dad's special potato and beef casserole. I realized that we have to find a way to preserve our family recipes. I've started to take videos of regular dishes I cook and will soon post it as a vlog project. There's another project I have in mind, but I'm still figuring out how to make it work.

I've listed everything I want to do, but of course family is the priority. Things will adjust as needed. I need though to discipline myself from distractions and make sure I'm in good health. So far I'm proud to say that I was able to fight off a cold I caught while in Baguio and my body held up against catching Sweetie's flu (sorry Sweetie but this is truly an achievement for me). I had a sore throat for a few days, but I worked hard to make sure it didn't develop into something more serious. Whew!

For my dear friends who have been wanting to meet-up, sorry I haven't been participative in planning and showing up. I just need this time to rest and recover. Introverted me got a really bad beating in 2019 and I need more time to recuperate.

What about you? What are your plan to make 2020 an awesome year?









No comments:

Post a Comment