I now have a nice collection of recipes my family loves. I store it old-style handwritten on index cards and kept in a box. Sweetie started taking photos of the recipes to make sure they don't get lost (the beef stew they loved never happened again because I lost the recipe) and shuttling between countries require me to cook sometimes. So I've started to take videos of cooking my family's favorite dishes so that the next generation can learn.
It was my seatmate from work who taught me how to cook spaghetti. It was the only dish I knew how to cook for a decade (haha). Family and friends said they love it so I thought it should be the first recipe I should teach Miggy how to cook. Here's a video how to cook the sauce -
2 cloves of garlic, crushed and chopped
2 medium onions, chopped
1/2 tsp basil
1/2 tsp oregano
1/4 tsp rosemary
1/2 kg ground beef
salt and pepper to taste
Del Monte Italian spaghetti sauce
1 can mushrooms (optional)
1/4 cup sliced black olives (optional)
1/2 cup grated cheese
How to cook:
1. Saute garlic and onions with basil, oregano and rosemary
2. Once onion is translucent add ground beef, salt and pepper.
3. When beef is a bit brown add the spaghetti sauce. Let cook for 10-15 minutes.
4. Add mushroom and mix then add the sliced black olives.
5. Mix in cheese and then turn off the heat.
*Make sure to cook your noodles before you cook the sauce.