Pages

Friday, December 15, 2023

Finally Got My PWD ID (And the Pain We Went Through to Get It)

Ended an ongoing saga today. It started last year when I asked my former cardiologist if I was eligible for a PWD ID. After doing some research I asked for my doctor if she could write a medical certificate for me. Months passed and she just kept saying her assistant could write it for me. Followed-up frequently and I eventually decided to switch doctors since she didn't seem interested to take care of me. 

First appointment with my new cardiologist and he immediately wrote a medical certificate for me. He said I was definitely qualified for it. Then we had a hard time chasing the barangay health center doctor. They said the doctor was always out. Two months after we were told the doctor was re-assigned to the city hall. The replacement would just come in two hours a day, but you had to call at 8 in the morning to check if she was coming in. Oh, and I failed to mention that they limit the number of people who consult everyday. 

Tried going a couple of times to the barangay health center, but our attempts was unsuccessful. I also always picked up some germs whenever I went and I would immediately get sick after. Our barangay health center is also not PWD friendly. I always had palpitations and SOB whenever I tried to go up the stairs to see the MIA doctor. Yes, it was very frustrating. 

After six months of chasing the barangay health center doctor we decided to check the PDAO office at the Paranaque City Hall. Sweetie found out you could actually go straight to them if you have an ID with your address on it. Just also make sure that your doctor indicates the type of disability in your medical certificate. Good thing I had an appointment with my current cardiologist and he added the type of disability I had on the medical certificate he previously made). 

Sweetie as my guardian applied for me. He applied for me again today at the PDAO office at the Paranaque City Hall and finally got my ID and booklet. Hooray! The ID will really help me since my medication isn't covered by my medical insurance. Would have asked Sweetie to bring my 5 kilo worth of medical test results if they still pushed back, haha. 

Thank you the the Paranaque City PDAO for helping us! 

Here's the process we followed: https://paranaquelife.blogspot.com/2023/12/how-to-apply-for-pwd-id-in-paranaque.html

#BeKind #StaySafe

No comments:

Post a Comment